Getting started is really easy.
...we can start right away.
Initially, all we need need from you is:
We don't need any paperwork or contract at this time, especially
since all this is free until the end of the century :-)
- a list of the product lines you would like to offer on-line at this
time - you can add more later
- price files with Canadian or American prices for those product lines
not already on our website or not uptodate.
These files could be sent on discette via mail or, much better, by
e-mail as an attachment or in the body of an email (see notes re:
file format below).
When we receive the above:
- we'll setup an "account" and create a special login and password.
- For those who will be connecting from their own web page:
- We'll send you the
line of html code (URL) to add to your site.
- You could add a single simple link or a few links to take your
customer directly into the illustrated parts, search, or order entry
section. You could have clickable logos for the different lines you
carry. You could even offer a "test drive" option.
- We will also send you a few sample pages with the
above links and some words you might use around those links.
- For those who will be connecting via a PartsAndService
- We'll setup a generic webpage with your name, address, phone numbers
e-mail address(es) and product list along with the appropriate links to:
the illustrated parts catalogues, search routines and order entry routines,
each with a "test drive" option.
- You can then customize (or have customized) your page however you like.
- In both cases we will
every month or so submit to the big search engines such as AltaVista,
Yahoo, Search.com and Dogpile your page address and the product lines you carry.
When a potential customer goes to these sites
searching for one of your product lines, your name and page will come up.
Sample Pages and Sample Links:
- Click here to see some sample web pages
- We suggest that you have another (backup) e-mail address.
Our software can send your customer orders to one or two address.
This way if you main ISP/account
is off-line for some reason, you can still check for orders on the backup.